Sunday, December 15, 2013

Adopt A Grandparent Post 11

This week I called the activities center at SOC. The woman who leads activities told me that she's very interested in helping me with my project. She said we could talk more about what my options are over break, and I'm planning to visit different nursing homes to get more information on what I can do. She also told me she'd look for more activities that I could get involved in, and recommended different ideas like visiting shut-ins and bringing them blankets or a meal or something nice. I'm hoping to do a lot of stuff like this over my break, since I don't have much going in except basketball and family time. I feel like it's a great time for giving, especially to lonely senior citizens. I'm ready to spread the Christmas cheer! I'll be back next week hopefully with loads of information on my process! 

1 comment: